Say Hello To Trinity Chimney Service & Goodbye To Chimney Leaks!
A leaky chimney can be more than just an inconvenience — it can be a real nightmare. Moisture acts fast, even if you don’t, and can be devastating to even strong materials, like brick and mortar. And what makes chimney leaks even more frustrating for homeowners is that it’s oftentimes difficult to pinpoint exactly what’s causing the leak. If you don’t know how water is getting in, how can you stop it?
Don’t keep yourself up at night worrying about how much damage is being done to your home every time it rains — call on your local, dependable chimney leak professionals at Trinity Chimney Service.
We have decades of industry experience and have helped resolve countless chimney leak concerns for our neighbors in Columbia and all throughout Central Maryland. From easy fixes, like a chimney cap installation, to more involved repairs like a crown rebuild, our team is certified and trained to do it all. We use our years of knowledge and training to quickly and thoroughly run through every possible water entry point until we find out exactly where the leak is located. And once we find it, we fix it.
Our chimney leak repair services and specialties include:
- Chase Cover Replacement — Factory built chimneys with chase surrounds need to be topped off with a strong and durable chase cover, which is a metal covering that closes off the chimney stack. While most builders include this important component, the best materials aren’t always used, which is why leaks commonly start at this point of the system. Find out more about the important role of chase covers and why we replace with strong, durable, stainless steel and copper chase covers right here.
- Crown Repair & Replacement — Chimney crowns are essentially concrete coverings for masonry chimneys. They seal the chimney top, much like a chase cover does on a factory-built chimney, and prevent leaks, nesting birds and animals, and debris from getting inside and laying waste to the chimney. But like any other portion of your chimney, the crown can deteriorate with time, age, and weather, and repairs or replacement are necessary for keeping the chimney clean and leak-free. Find out more about our crown repair and replacement services here.
- Flashing Replacement — Flashing is sheet metal that’s layered on the roof and chimney where they meet, and its job is to keep rain, snow, sleet, and ice from leaking into this vulnerable area and causing destruction. But like all things, flashing can be damaged and flashing can be installed wrong. Unfortunately, we see both quite often! Click here to learn how we repair/replace flashing to keep water out for good.
- Chimney Caps —Rusted or missing chimney cap? That’s a problem! The chimney cap is one of the key pieces of defense your masonry or factory-built chimney has against things like rain, snow, sleet, hail, ice, birds, animals, and debris. Without it, a leak is just one of the issues you’ll face. Learn more about why every chimney needs a cap and how we can help right here.
- Waterproofing —If your brick chimney is flaking, cracking, discolored, and water-logged, it’s not only going to cause you problems with regards to leaks — it will also be unsafe for use and will really bring down the appearance and curb appeal of your home. The good news is there is an affordable and 99.9% effective way to prevent water damage and keep your masonry chimney leak free. Find out what we use to waterproof chimneys and how protective this service really is right here!
Don’t throw your life savings away on rainy days — get leak repair and protection services you can count on with Trinity Chimney Service. Simply call 443-602-4306 or fill out our online appointment request form and our CSIA certified and experienced team will be at your service and ready to stop and prevent chimney leaks in your home!